Hola Friends,
This week we said good-bye to Caceres which was the hardest thing to do. I think I understand what a missionary feels when they have to move from one location to another. After being in Caceres for 4 weeks, it becomes home to me. Whenever we travelled and came back to Caceres, in my mind and heart I feel like I've come home. I can say that anywhere I go for a lengthen of time, I have accumulated a place called home in my heart.
On Sunday afternoon, we made our way back to Bejar and had the opportunity to teach English through doing crafts for 2 days. It felt weird to teach for a short amount of time, since the previous week was full of activity. I loved being around Craig's family and getting to know their ministry of church planting.
On Tuesday, we had the opportunity to visit a Jewish museum about the Jews in Bejar. Their lives were drastically changed because of the Roman's influence and governing over the land. Most of the Jews were accused by the royalty that they were a bother in a sense and could not worship their God. So they were given two choices: convert to Catholicism or leave the country. Most Jews left and they were not allowed to bring anything with them. It is said that some Jews went on the ship with Columbus when he went to the new world.
Wednesday morning, we had breakfast with the Bejar church women and it was soo sweet know that they want to know us. Some of the women I knew before when we were there the last time and I was so glad to see them again. I had the chance to tell my testimony and I was a bit nervous. I'm not sure why but I learned that telling my testimony is a blessing for others as a way of encouraging them of God's faithfulness. Each women told their testimony and hearing how God has been a big part of their life, truly shows their trust in his faithfulness. Their hearts are full of the joy of the Lord and I'm so encouraged by it. That evening, we had a prayer meeting and again I told my testimony. I found it to be easy to tell. It's true about what they say when you say it once it becomes easy to do again and again.
Thursday, we left Bejar to stay in Madrid for the remainder of our time. Another good-bye but we won't say it, rather, see you later. It's hard to believe that 5 weeks are completed and the 6th week is about to begin. Friday, we traveled 7 hours to Santiago where our experience to walk the Camino began. We had an opportunity to see inside the Cathedral and experience mass. It was spiritually hard to see these people working their way to heaven. It's very sad but the experience was worth it as a way to pray for these people.
Saturday, at 9:30 we began our Camino of 22km. The landscape was beautiful and cool. There were many hills that I felt like I couldn't breathe. Yet, I persevered to finish it. I saw some pilgrims walking and I had time to just observe them. In my mind, I know that their journey is spiritual and their search for answers. Other pilgrims' journey are for physical purposes and others for the experience. I of course went for the experience but still prayed for the unbelieving pilgrims. We arrived at our hostal that was amazing and much needed since my body was soo sore.
Sunday, we took the bus back to Santiago because I was not able to walk it back. However, I can say that I would definitely do it again with much training before hand. My ideal plan is to do it for a week. We will see if this will ever happen. Hopefully.
Thank you for your prayers and I've enjoyed sharing my experiences and the journey I have been doing.
No comments:
Post a Comment